Categories:
__________________________________________________________

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mint Epidemic

Oh man!  Almost all my mints (Japanese Mint, Chocolate Mint, Lemon Mint, Peppermint and Swiss Mint) are sick across the garden.  Well almost all of them.  My Spearmint (which recently got a vermicompost boost) seems to be the only healthy one.  I think there are two problems.  First of all, the lower leaves of my various mints are drying up.  I'm not certain if it's mint rust.  It looks a little like that.  I'm not sure if it's fungus either.  Early this week, I moved most of my mints to the sunniest part of the garden.  Maybe it'll help dry the soil (I was also wondering if it's root rot).   I just know that my plants generally perform better when out in the full sun.

Here's the other problem.  I think there's a caterpillar infestation again.  They're eating all the mint leaves!  I don't get it though.  How come they're not attacking the Cat's Whiskers.  Among my basil plants, they're attacking the Sweet Basil a lot more than my Cinnamon Basil plants. Anyway, most of my mints (no matter how big) have been stripped clean of leaves!  Argh!!!  It's irritating.   I hope most of them survive this episode.  Sigh.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

No spamming please. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails