Categories:
__________________________________________________________

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Petunia in Bloom

When I first bought my Petunias a couple of weeks ago, they held so much promise.  They had beautiful flowers, lots of leaves and were allegedly easy to grow. I first placed them under indirect sunlight since my Poinsettia grew healthy in that area.   Like my Mums though, they didn't look so vibrant after a couple of days.  So I did my Google search on Petunia care and started spraying them with soap solution.  The red and white Petunia, in particular, had a lot of ants!  I'm not sure why.  But I drowned the ants and sprayed with soap until they all died.  At this time, it still looks delicate.

I also moved both Petunias to a sunnier location.  Supposedly, they grow wild with the sunlight.  

So far, the purple Petunia though is looking good.  After learning that deadheading (plucking flowers) is a good thing for Petunias, I tried it with the leftover blooms.  In about a week, the purple one bloomed again.  True to my Google info, it had a lot more flowers than when I bought it.  Mental note: deadheading works.

Meanwhile, the red and white Petunia project continues.  I'll water a lot in the morning then I will move it around within the day to ensure maximum sunlight exposure. Let's see if that kills the bugs and revives the plant. 







2 comments:

  1. Can you use dead flowers as mulch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mayan4:02 PM

    I noticed that my petunia plants start to have long stems with small leaves. What should I do? Would pruning be enough?

    ReplyDelete

No spamming please. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails