Categories:
__________________________________________________________

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Baked Potato

Let me start of by saying that the Nokia E51 doesn't have a very good camera.  That's why a lot of my shots are out of focus, especially when I attempt close-up shots.  That said, I had a novel thought about eating baked potato last weekend.  And so that's what happened.  From my last potato adventure with Jean, we found that it was heard to spread stuff on potato quarters.  So this time around, we just used halves.

So what's this creation about.  Well, before I tell you, let me just say that it tasted awesome (at least for me).  I guess that brings my good to bad ratio of cooking experiments to about 50%. 

First we boiled the halved potatoes (with holes stabbed into them) for about 10-15 minutes.  The last time, we didn't boil long enough so it took a lot more time to bake.   This time around, we made sure the potato was almost ready to eat before baking.  I also added salt while boiling to give it more flavor.

Then I chopped up some fresh sweet basil leaves from the garden.   The picture here is one of my contributing plants. Can you believe this was probably about 5-inches tall two months ago?  It was just supposed to be a companion plant for my white rose (which I think is now dead).  Then one day I just noticed that it's my biggest sweet basil plant in the garden.  But I digress.

I mixed the sweet basil with some shredded cheese (Quick Melt) and I also added some Parmesan cheese.  I put in some Olive oil, ground pepper, salt, a few cloves of garlic, some chopped Maple Bacon (you've got to try that!)  and probably some other herbs.  But my favorite addition was Cayenne Pepper powder.  Initially I just put in a dash, but then I decided to be a little happier with it since I like my food spicy anyway.   After mixing all those in, we spread that on the potato halves and baked at about 350 for about 15 minutes (all estimates since I wasn't paying attention to the time or the temp). 

We served it once it looked and smelled ready.  It was amazing!  Not bad, right?  Next time, maybe I'll talk about my Minestrone Soup. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

No spamming please. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails