Categories:
__________________________________________________________

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Baked Potato Wedges

Since it was father's day over the weekend, Jean and I flexed our cooking muscles once again.  Naturally though, I selected something that made use of our favorite herbs.  At the same time, I also wanted to cook potatoes since they're high in potassium and are good for gout.  Besides, I recall how much I liked baked potatoes from Wendys and how strangely rare it was that I ordered it.

I was pretty excited when I got the basil and the parsley leaves from my backyard.  I used a bottled dried oregano since my Cuban Oregano doesn't really smell like oregano.  How weird is that?  As for the garlic, it'll be months before my plants bear fruit.

Anyway, here's a recipe I ripped and adapted from the Internet

# 4 large baking potatoes, wedged shopping list
# 1/2 cup quality olive oil shopping list
# 2T fresh Italian herbs(basil, oregano, flat leaf parsley, etc), finely minced shopping list
# 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
# A couple of slices of grated Parmesan cheese and I added a generous amount of Quick Melt cheese as well.
# fresh ground black pepper
# A tinge of salt 

* Boiled the potatoes for 5 minutes and then quartered them
* Combine all ingredients except potatoes and cheese in a large bowl.
* Dipped the potato wedges in the bowl.  In my opinion though, potato halves might have worked better since the garnish kept slipping off the wedges.
* Place on baking sheet .
* Place potatoes on tray in single layer.
* Top each wedge with Parmesan and Quick Melt cheese
* Bake at 425 for about 15 minutes.

For next time though, I think I'll boil it for 10 minutes first and then I'll bake it for another 10 minutes so that I don't overcook the garnish.  But then again, it was fun eating the crusted cheese too. I'll also be more generous with the herb usage. 

Anyway, in my rush to serve and eat it, I forgot to take pictures after baking.  So the before-shots will have to do.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

No spamming please. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails