Categories:
__________________________________________________________

Thursday, June 17, 2010

How to Care for Garlic

It's been a couple of weeks since I attempted to grow my garlic plant.   For a while, I was afraid it wasn't going to germinate.  But hey, now I have three little plants in my big pot.  So I did my mandatory research on how to care for my new plant.  Then again, I read about caring for lavender, but it died anyway...tsk.  It's supposed to be low maintenance!  Tsk.  Bitterness aside, here's how to care for your garlic plant:

Give it at least six hours of full sunlight.  Prepare your soil at least 10 inches deep with lots of organic matter.  As the plant matures, it will grow better with a hot and dry environment.  This is supposed to make your garlic more flavorful.  It also needs fertile soil so give it some fertilizer every two weeks.  Some compost would be great too. The soil PH should be around 6.5 - 7.0 and make sure has excellent drainage.  Harvest after about four months...wait and see.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

No spamming please. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails