Categories:
__________________________________________________________

Monday, June 07, 2010

Malvarosa and La Niña

No, that's not the title of the newest telenovela. My big Malvarosa reflects what all my other plants are experiencing: heavy downpour.  Summer is truly over.  It's been over a week since I watered anything in my garden.   Look at my poor Malvarosa.  It looks "unruly".  You know why?  I saw it yesterday and it looked like the plant tipped over.  The downpour must have displaced it.  That's how my other plants look too.  It's like a disaster area in my garden.

I'm pretty sure they'll recover, but most of the pots have been getting flooded on a regular basis. So now my Malvarosa has some chopstick support (I collect those from Japanese restaurants since I don't use them).  I'll probably get a cutting within the week so that the plant isn't too heavy.  I'll also put the plant away from the rain so it has a chance to dry up first.  My Basil, Lavender and Rosemary have been out of rain's harm for about a week now and they're still wet! Tsk.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

No spamming please. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails