Care & Propagation
- Well drained alkaline soil
- Full sun although partial shade is okay too although there will be less foliage
- Water when dry. Soak. It tolerates drought though
- Water after applying fertilizer to prevent root burn.
- Frequent pruning to encourage dense growth
- Re-pot every 2 years
- Look for a stem with around 5-6 nodes and cut below the 6th node. Grow in a seedling mix. Keep the soil moist and put in partial shade. Once there are roots, move to a sunny location.
- Helps with coughs and stomach aches
- Mosquito repellent, Anti depressant & Deodorant (I have a funny feeling these three are connected)
- Food! Add the leaves to cake (like you would use Pandan), fruit punches, salads, iced tea, hot tea, and vinegar. Use 3-4 leaves for brewing tea. Drink up to 3 cups a day.
- Used as a massage oil
- Reduces inflammation and bleeding
- Helps with acne and hemorrhoids (good combination!)