Categories:
__________________________________________________________

Thursday, April 15, 2010

RIP: Mona Lavender Plectranthus

I remember the days when I used to look at my Hannah Leah and marvel at its lavender flowers and dark green leaves. Ah yes, the memories when I found out that it was actually called Mona Lavender Plectranthus.  I will look back on those days fondly...all three weeks of them!!!

I can't believe I managed to kill the most beautiful flowering plant in my yard.  Argh.  So where did I go wrong?  I'm not sure.  The first couple of days were fine.  And then at the start of this week, it just wilted.  There were a couple of things that could have impacted my plant:
  • I moved it from a sunny location to a shaded location.  It became sunlight deprived.
  • I didn't change the watering degree even after moving it.  It may have been over watered and got root rot.
  • I sprayed it with a soap solution that was a little too strong.  I didn't use bathing soap as I normally did.  I used an anti-bacterial dish washing liquid that I use to wash water containers.  A day after this, the leaves were down.  I think I may have burned the whole plant.
This reminds me of my childhood when I managed to kill about a dozen rose plants do to "over nurturing".  Oh well.  Maybe a small part of the plant will survive and thrive.  I'll know a week from now.  The worst that can happen is that I'll have a spare pot to use. 

BEFORE













AFTER












0 comments:

Post a Comment

No spamming please. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails