Categories:
__________________________________________________________

Monday, October 11, 2010

Welcome New Plants

Well I admit.  I've been writing about my worms too much that I haven't written about other new denizens in the garden.  Today, let's do a little introduction. First of is an Okra (Abelmoschus esculentus Moench) which Jean raised from seed.  It supposedly only started growing rapidly once it reached my sunny front yard.  Well hello Mr.Okra.  I am sorry to say that I don't eat you.   So keep growing, but you won't be my favorite anytime soon.  ;-)

And then, there's also a Kangkong (Ipomoea aquatica).  Now this is a different story.  Jean also raised this from seed and it also started thriving in my front yard.  However, the difference is that I eat Kangkong.  I like adobong kangkong with lots of siling labuyo or kangkong in Sinigang na Baboy.   But here's the problem.  I just have one plant.  It's hardly worth it to cook one stalk, after all.  Hmmm...maybe I should plant more kangkong seeds.
Third on the list is a Marigold (Calendula officinalis).  It's probably currently a famous plant because you need it to get sunshine in Plants vs. Zombies.   This is another Jean baby (are you noticing a trend in the plants I don't pay attention to....hehehe).  I recently repotted it (into a bigger one) because I hear this can be a big plant! Now unless there are real zombies in my garden, I'm not sure what use I'll have for this plant.  My personal philosophy now is to only plant and grow things that I can eventually eat.  We'll see.

Finally, there's a Tarragon.  I actually had Tarragon cuttings months before but none of them survived the rooting process.   I bought my big Tarragon plant in Tagaytay.  It was a tad overpriced, but hey.   I couldn't find it elsewhere.  And so I bought one.  Now, what you see in the picture is not what I bought.  These are from my recent cuttings.  See how big they've become.  Yeah, they look like grass, but they smell like rootbeer.  And I've tried dried Tarragon in my salad and  in my minestrone (another story) and it's alright.  I've yet to try my own plant, but I'll get there.    And there you go.  Say hi to my new plants!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

No spamming please. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails