Categories:
__________________________________________________________

Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Mechanic's Tale

The other day, while I was on my way home from buying new 5-Gallon Water Containers, I noticed that my Multicab felt funny.  My first and second gears didn't have the appropriate power.   But I shrugged it off.  Yesterday, our driver complained that the truck had no reverse.  Eek.

Now my truck's about 2 1/2 months old only and I use it about 2-3 times a week.  So I couldn't have depreciated it that much already.  Thus, I called up the guy who sold me (Trinity17 in Sulit) but he wouldn't help me.  Instead I drove around and went to the Petron Service Center in Congressional Avenue (the one in front of Red Ribbon).  The mechanic looked at it, went around and looked at various parts, raised truck, brought it down and raised it again.  Right after he concluded that I should bring it to a Transmission Shop where they would need to bring down the engine to correct the problem.  And they charged me P70 for consultation.  

One of our helpers here called up a local tricycle driver who's also a known mechanic.  He went to my house, did some rudimentary peeps into the parts.  He unfastened the seats and started his stuff.  I looked away for a minute or two.  Then he had me test it.  Better than when I bought it! This was all under 10 minutes.  So the next time you're looking for a mechanic, just read my comparison.

Apparently, you don't need to bring down the engine; just the seats.  Tsk.

He just hangs out at the street exit where the tricycles are in line.  He does tune ups too, so I'll be sure to call him then. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

No spamming please. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails