Categories:
__________________________________________________________

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Hotmail Rules

I've always been a Yahoo! kinda guy. Back in '98, I remember having both a Yahoo! and a Hotmail account. From that time until now, I must have used my Yahoo! account about a hundred times more.

One of the main differences between the two is that Yahoo! alloted 6 MB for me, while Hotmail just put aside 2 MB.

And then of course came Gmail packing 1 GB under its sleeve. All of a sudden, Yahoo! had 100 MB and Hotmail had 250 MB.

This is where Hotmail becomes useful. Gmail and Yahoo! both use POP while Hotmail uses HTTP. The difference is that you can use Hotmail as an on-line folder, dragging and dropping mails at will from your archive mail folders. With Gmail and Yahoo!, you have to send and receive each time.

For that alone, Hotmail rules.

Come to think of it, that's the only reason Hotmail rules.

1 comment:

No spamming please. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails