Categories:
__________________________________________________________

Tuesday, July 01, 2003

July 1, 2003

A New Initiative

It seems like every time I update, I can easily say, "it's been a while." That's irregular for you. Anyway, I'm happy for the market these days. Apparently, the war didn't eat heavily into corporate profits as the first quarter results have shown.

In any case, I'm back in the thick of the market (or at least getting back). For interested surfers out there, check out the new mailing list that I created. It's called Independent Research Philippines and the plan is to send regular stock market related news, events and opinions through that mailing list. So please do join. This is different from the existing discussion list, well, because the old one is a discussion list. Do check it out and tell me what you think.

By the way, if you're looking for a good investment outlet, I hope you noticed the recent retail treasury bond (RTB) issuance by the government. It was such a hit. Upcoming is the RCBC capital notes, which I hear promises around 11%-12% returns. The "catch" for us retail investors of course is that the minimum investment is P500k. Whew. But hey, you have friends right? Pool your money. I personally believe it would be hard to find similar returns in other investments. But in case you miss that one too, wait a while. A lot of banks are planning to issue Tier 2 capital notes to improve their capitalization. These might be good investments too. But of course, as a resposible investor, please do check out the company's financials before investing your life savings. Prudence. Prudence.

Any bankers out there??? With all the high-tech developments in the industry, I do wonder why there are still no investment functionalities in ATMs. Tsk. Tsk. I can't be the only market for that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

No spamming please. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails