Categories:
__________________________________________________________

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Everything Germinates in the Worm Bin Experiment Update: Worm Bin Adventures in the Philippines

It's been just over a week since I started testing the germinating potential of vermicompost.  It's simple.  I just put a couple of seeds in my worm tray.   This afternoon, I found these little babies. 
I think those are all watermelon seedlings.  I'm pretty sure a dozen or more should sprout.  My chico seed hasn't showed up yet;  neither have my indian mango seeds.  I'll give the rest of the seeds about a week more.    As for these seedlings, I'll probably plant them in some small pots within the week. 
Oh by the way, if you look at the bottom left part of the picture, you'll find the carrot top that started growing stalks.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

No spamming please. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails