Categories:
__________________________________________________________

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Vermicomposting Challenge: Indoor Worm Bin Population

Remember this picture from two months back?  Well I had this challenge wherein I placed this much material in this 5-gallon container and 10 worms of different sizes and I wanted to see how long it would take for the worms to finish everything.  Well I cut short this challenge because the contents were too wet and it was getting icky.  But before I cut this short though, the contents declined to about 20% of its original volume.

A few days ago, I figured I'd redo this bin so I transferred the contents to my other bins.  But guess what I found?  I didn't really count them but from my estimate, the population must have tripled in the past two months.  The soppy materials were dense with worms.  Cool huh?  So much so that I managed to seed four new small bins.  I guess this challenge wasn't a total failure after all!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

No spamming please. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails