Categories:
__________________________________________________________

Monday, March 08, 2010

Mango Seeds with Roots (Germination) - Spreading My Seeds Part 2

Just over two weeks ago, I demonstrated how I was going to germinate the mango seeds.    I said I was just going to leave them and forget them (I find the over fussing tends to be counter productive).  Well, now they look like they're ready to be planted in soil.  And I'm not doing this prematurely.  If you look at the pictures, you'll see what I mean.

As you can see, they've already turned green and have started growling little roots.  Something I haven't seen before in my past attempts is the seed opening in the middle.  Ahhhh...that must be where the first stalk will come from.  I think I may have killed one of the seeds though.  If you look at picture 2, you'll see this small thing detached at the bottom.  Oops...I think I broke a root trying to remove the seeds from the plastic bag.
Anyway, I think I'll put these ones in plastic cups and grow them from there.  Then maybe I'll throw in a little mango plant to some of my favorite alkaline water customers.  My goal will be to fill up my neighborhood with mango trees. 
The final note is that I'll experiment with germinating them without removing the fibrous husks.  Let's seek if it works just as well.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

No spamming please. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails