Categories:
__________________________________________________________

Friday, October 13, 2017

MY MOPHEAD HYDRANGEA IS NOT BLOOMING

Wow, I just realized that my hydrangea is now seven years old.  It's hands down my oldest plant alive.  The problem is that it hasn't bloomed in about 3-4 years.  Well this year I finally sat down and tried to figure it out.  Since it was very prone to wilting, I placed it under a well shaded tree.  It turns out it needs some sunlight in order to flower.  So I pruned the calamansi tree that shades it.

Furthermore, the last time it bloomed, it had pink flowers. I bought it specifically because it had lavender blooms.  To fix that, I also mulched it with some banana peels since supposedly potassium turns it blue.

If you look at the picture, it does look pretty big now -- just no flowers.  Well let's see in a few months if it blooms (I expect March or so).



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:22 AM

    Hi,

    I saw your website and I just recently got hydrangea in a pot. With our Philippine weather, how often should I water them, once a day or more?

    Some of the leaves are turning brown. I'm not sure if it's because they are thirsty. I water them once a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pot is quite big. I'd say once a day but sometimes I can get away with not watering for a few. If dry, all the leaves will wilt and not turn brown. So perhaps browning is caused by something else.

      Delete

No spamming please. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails