Categories:
__________________________________________________________

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Hydrangea in Heat

It's been a while since I talked about my hydrangea.  The last time, I had a small cutting that finally rooted after months of being in a glass of water.  Sadly, that cutting died after I transplanted it in soil because I was confined for a week and no one really took over my watering chores.  It burned to death.   Anyway, I still have my big hydrangea.  Just for fun, I took pictures of it while it was melting under the heat of noon.  Check out the pictures of the same plant.  The first one was taken at around 11:30 AM and the second one at 4:00 PM.  Note that I watered this plant early in the morning. 

Apparently, the plant recovers even without watering.  Once the weather cools, the leaves become fresh again.   Nonetheless, I guess it helps to heavily water the hydrangea plant before it gets hit by the heat.  After all, I got this plant from Tagaytay, so it may still not be used to the Manila heat.


1 comment:

  1. I don't have much luck with hydrangeas! Still have three cuttings that I am trying to root, and one plant that I have in the shade. I don't know how other hydrangeas survive in the sun, but at my house, the hydrangeas all hate the sun even if it's just a portion of the day. Now that I have the one plant in the shade, it is much happier. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete

No spamming please. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails