Categories:
__________________________________________________________

Saturday, September 16, 2017

CARING FOR YOUR RABBIT 16: MY PERSONAL GRASS, FRUIT AND VEGGIE SELECTION FOR MY BUNNIES

Here's a list of grasses and vegetables and fruits that I've tried feeding my bunnies. I'll also put in some that I keep seeing, but haven't tried. For me, grass hay takes 80% of the diet, pellets about 10% and greens another 10%. I'll indicate the max amounts I've tried. Clarification: I don't try them all at the same time. Remember, I just feed 10% greens of the daily diet

This is by no means an exhaustive list. This is just my personal preference. To each his own, right?


Common NameMax TriedComment
Carabao Grass10%1 small bowl per day
Bermuda GrassNAHaven't tried, but common enough in PH
Napier Grass10%About 3 long strands per day (2 ft strands)
Wheat GrassNA
Oat Grass2%1 small bowl per day. Very limited supply
Barley Grass2%1 small bowl per day. Very limited supply
Banana Leaves10%Roughly 12 x 4 inches leaf per day
Basil Leaves5%6-12 mid sized leaves. I give this unlimited during a GI Stasis episode. One of the few my bunny will eat
Mint Leaves1%Very limited supply. I rarely give it.
Dill Bristles5%One foot step. I just feed the bristles, NOT THE STEM. Secondary food during GI stasis.
Sweet Potato Leaves10%About 6-10 mid sized leaves. I give this unlimited during a GI stasis episode. The top food my bunny will eat during an attack
Water Spinach10%About 6-10 mid sized leaves. I give this unlimited during a GI stasis episode. However my bunny hardly eats this during a GI stasis attack
CilantroNACommonly cited as a GI stasis favorite. I haven't tried it
Madre de AguaNACommonly cited as fodder. This is ideal for pigs, not rabbits (very high protein, very low fiber)
Moringa1%I very rarely give it. My bunnies don't like it much
Tarragon1%I very rarely give it. Fattening
Lemongrass1%I very rarely give it. Very limited supply
Pineapple1%I give one small piece every week. Supposedly helps digestion. 


Barley Grass, Carabago Grass, Sweet Potato #SaveRabbitsPH

Barley Grass, Carabago Grass, Sweet Potato #SaveRabbitsPH

0 comments:

Post a Comment

No spamming please. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails