Categories:
__________________________________________________________

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Why You Need A Worm Bin...

I recently replenished my supply of African Nightcrawlers because a lot of my bins were bought the past couple of weeks.   That said, I didn't have a lot of bins lying around so I just put my worms in a pail.  They were pretty dense inside that pail.  And so the past two days have been quite challenging.  They've been crawling out like crazy, even with the lights on.  For the past two nights, it's been like an episode of Fear Factor.  But the ones I placed in a few bins didn't attempt to crawl out.  What's in the new bins?  I stole some old bedding from my established worm bins and voila, I had worm friendly bins.   I guess this experience underscores the advantage of getting an established worm bin as against buying worms and waiting for them to get comfortable inside the new bin. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

No spamming please. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails