- Worm Castings - Worm Poop! Excellent fertilizer and infinitely gentler than other fertilizers. Will not cause root burn
- Cow / Horse Manure - Cow & Horse poop! Well this one's a no-brainer and I'm sure even non-gardeners will understand it
- Humanure - Human Poop! Apparently, you call it humanure if you're into composting. You call it $hit if you're not
- Bat Guano - Bat & Cave Dwellers Poop! - This one, I just discovered today after a quick Google search. Apparently, all the good stuff are poop. Why the terminologies are different, I do not know.
- Dog / Cat Feces - Still poop! Somehow, most gardeners look will avoid these for composting purposes because they supposedly carry dangerous pathogens.
- Bone, Blood, Worm, Corm Meal - Apparently, when it's called Meal, it's a powdered version. Bone ground into powder is bone meal, blood dried and powdered is blood meal, worms dried and powdered are worm meal, and corn dried and powdered is corn meal. Each one supposedly has its own special nutrient (I didn't keep track of that).
Tuesday, February 01, 2011
Much Ado About Feces
Since starting my gardening and worm composting adventures over a year ago, there are persistent terms that keep coming up from seasoned gardeners. So I decided to finally check them all out.