Categories:
__________________________________________________________

Friday, August 20, 2010

Sweet Basil: Wick Watering Update

Remember my post on wick watering?   Basically, I wanted to see if my basil will thrive with a wick watering set-up.  I placed my sweet basil in a yogurt cup and had a wick at the bottom.  The cup is contained in a larger cup with a hole about an inch from the bottom to ensure that rains won't drown my sweet basil.  Guess what?  It's been two months already.  I'll let the results speak for themselves.  Here are the before and after photos:


As you can see, the plants are really big enough.  In fact, I've pruned them before I took this picture.  You won't see it in the picture, but I don't even need the wick anymore.  Roots have gone through the drainage holes.  It's a pretty cool set-up.  I can water and leave them since the water will be good for a couple of days.   If it rains, the excess water just drains out. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

No spamming please. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails