Categories:
__________________________________________________________

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Laissez Faire Avenue
 
Visayas Avenue is a semi-commercial strip located connecting QC Circle to Tandang Sora.  In my experience, you can avoid traffic here 3/5 times even during peak hours.  When I do get stuck, my insticts tell me that there's a good reason.
 
May pulis.
 
Now don't get me wrong.  I have nothing against traffic policemen when they're actually conducting traffic.  It's a different case when they start their extortion proceedings for the purpose of replenishing their meryenda fund.  It's just seems that traffic flows smoother when drivers are left to their own devices.
 
I would guess that this is a scaled down version of Adam Smith's Laissez Faire which theorizes that minimal government intervention is best for the economy.  There is just no substitute for collective intelligence and logic.  Less government control maybe the more intelligent solution.  It may also minimize corruption. 
 
This may yet be the starting point of my next post.
 
Abangan...
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

No spamming please. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails