Categories:
__________________________________________________________

Friday, March 05, 2021

Low White Blood Cell Count

Over the past three years (from 2018), I've seen my white blood cell count drop from 4000 to 2800 (with a 4000-11000 range).  Until last year, I didn't really think any of it since I was more concerned with my triglycerides and uric acid.  

This drop coincidentally happened when I stopped eating meat.  Over the past year or so, I've learned a lot about how inflammation causes all the modern diseases from cancer to cardio vascular, from diabetes to Alzheimer's.  And so apart from meat, I also did my best to stay away from sugar and carbs, all vegetable oils and basically any processed food.  I dropped my A1C, my triglycerides, my uric acid and improved my HDL.  I stopped my blood pressure and cholesterol meds.  I was doing great.

And yet my WBC count kept dropping.  Before my test last Saturday, I was even in ketosis for 5 days, with my ketone level peaking at 4.1 while my sugar plummeted to the 60s.  And I got a 2800 WBC.  

I watched this video about WBC that said higher isn't necessarily better.  It just means more inflammation.  Hmmm... I decided to put that to the test. 

For the next 5 days, I ate cheetos, astroboy, clover, apple juice, ube cakes, many coffee buns (yum!), chocolates, Starbucks, rice, etc.  I also put my fasting regimen on hold.  I was going to do it for 7 days, but I felt so sick after all that.  

I took another CBC.  I got 4170 on my WBC.  Turns out my low numbers really just reflected low inflammation in my body.  Will there be another disorder in the future?  Who knows.  But for now, I can rest easy knowing that my immune system can ramp up when needed.

I'm writing this for all you people with low WBC and nowhere to get info from.  Like you, I passed a B12, folate, Vit D, C reactive protein, and some other tests.  If you Google low WBC, you will find cancer or auto immune. Ugh.  Maybe that's true.  Or maybe you're like me.  You just have low numbers because of clean living. 

Good luck!

#WBC



0 comments:

Post a Comment

No spamming please. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails